Come on in...

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Okay, I get the point-geesh!

I opened up a new study I am doing in Joshua last night and as I read through Day One I came to this...

"The people (Israelites) had to wait a long time to obtain God's long-awaited promises. But God's delays don't necessarily mean "no"; they could mean "not now." Write down a promise from scripture that you have been waiting for God to fulfill. 

Really? Really? 

Almost verbatim what I said yesterday in my post. Except that she said "not now" and I said "not yet". 

Weird. And cool. And when God wants to drive home a point-by golly He's gonna drive home a point!

Oooohh, God makes me smile. :~)  "I get the point. I'm waiting."

3 comments:

Becky said...

I Love this post.... I can picture God knocking on your heart!It amazes me still how well you listen when God speaks!!Praying your wait is a "happy" one!

Bekah Boo said...

!!!!
Yesterday's point made me cry.
I mean, I was already crying most of the day anyway, but it was such a perfect parental image for me to latch onto.
and today.
today!!
O friend.... this is good.

Georgia said...

me ten! i get very impatient waiting for God to show me what His plan is; my impatience doesn't make God go faster; i might as well relax and give Him some praise while i'm at it.
love ya!