Come on in...

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

I'll take it-with an 'Amen' to boot

We got a teensy bit of adoption news yesterday. And when I mean teensy, well, I mean teensy.

Isaak called our case worker yesterday to touch base with him after the holidays and see if there was any movement with our profile. When Isaak called me in the afternoon he said that our case worker told him our profile has been out three times since submission and the director said our profile was one of the best written ones she's ever read.

It's something.

Granted, it's not a lot, but I'll take it. I'll take it over nothing.

I will take the news that the director loved our letter and stand firm in the belief that our agency is truly rooting for us.

I will take the news that our profile went out three times and stand firm in the belief that those mothers with babies were not the ones God is calling to our family. And that those mothers with babies who did look at our profile are one step closer to their forever family...even if it took going through us to find them.

I will take this teensy bit of adoption news and celebrate that while we've been going on with our life-working, traveling, celebrating, parenting, living... God has been busy moving in ways we couldn't see. He hasn't stopped working on our behalf. This news may seem small, and it really is, but, God moves in small ways too. And even though it appeared nothing was happening, God is always happening. Always always.

So, I'll take it. I'll take this news and give thanks for God's small something.

4 comments:

Bekah Boo said...

YES! I told you that this is the year. This is the year for the baby to come to be held, to be loved.
Forever.
I feel it, believe it and am praying it through and praying for the Hope to remain steady on you!

Tera said...

I too find it amazing to how the Lord knows us as individuals. He knows what we need, he knows how to teach us, and he loves us unconditionally. That special baby is out there, and will definitely be a wonderful blessing in your life. I pray it isn't too far off. I heard the greatest quote on adoption and I just have to share. "Adoption is when a child grows in your heart instead of your tummy." And this child has already grown in your heart. Best of luck this year!

Georgia said...

good point(s) there missie. while i'm waiting, i'll keep that in mind. love ya!

Liz W. said...

those little steps...are going in the right direction!! that's what counts!