Come on in...

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Sickening and sad

(try again-attached another link to The Candy Shop since the last video stream kept stalling.) 

I watched this video a week or so again on my sweetie friend's blog. The Candy Shop. The video is incredibly artfully crafted but incredibly disturbing. And sad. And real.

And then as I read the news this afternoon this article lay before me. This is not a problem just stricken to other countries far away. It is happening here, right here, where we live. It's happening right under our noses.

It sickens me. It scares me. And, I'm gonna be honest... I don't know what I can do about it. So until I figure out what I can effectively do, to help these poor girls...I'm starting with sharing it on my blog, so that you can know too. So that you're heart can also be broken for the things that break God's. To shed some light. To share a bitter reality.

Something needs to change. At this moment let it be your heart.

3 comments:

Jen said...

It makes me so sad that this happens anywhere. But to have spent the last 6 years in Atlanta and have not heard or seen it on the news upsets me more. Clearly this issue is not getting the awareness and attention it deserves and that breaks my heart....

Georgia said...

the video clip kept stalling. but i am aware of child sex trafficking through other media. thailand is the worst. i know men who have gone there on vacation. no wives or girlfriends with them. who do they think they're kidding? i also am not sure what i can do to help, but i like what those 2 churches are doing. maybe there's a way.

Rachael said...

The line at the end of the clip is painful - "If there wasn't so much need, there wouldn't be so much business, would there?" It's sickening that "manhood" has become synonymous with sexual conquest, rather than honor and integrity. No one wants to deal with the root issue of how our society views and treats sex, and how we teach our kids to think about it, especially young men. Thanks for posting.