Come on in...

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

A little bit of this, a little bit of that

Four days until we embark on our longest drive yet with the girls.

A whopping 22 hours. Which will in all likely hood take closer to 30 with all the stops we're guaranteed to make.

This drive will take us on a trip we have been looking forward to for nearly a year. We are big 'plan in advance vacation' type of people so this trip has been a long time coming.

I have been steadily planning and getting things in order, more this week than any. I've got all our paperwork in a nice folder on my desk. The girls are packed as of this morning. Cat food and litter for 18 days has been bought. My reading material for the trip is in the mail and will be here on Thursday. I'm trying to keep the house in order so there's less to clean before we leave....trying...but that part isn't going so well. And in addition to packing for me all I need to do is hem my Wicked dress, which is on the agenda for today. Which I may or may not get to. And since it's nearly 3pm I'm leaning towards the 'may not'.

Praying above all else right now that everyone would stay healthy for this trip. We have been looking forward to this for so long that it would be such a shame, and down right disappointment is someone were to get sick or hurt now, or while we're gone.

Which brings me to this...

I've been having these nagging head pains for over two weeks now. It's an accumulation of a couple things, but I am not a person that has pains. I mean I am, but not really. I typically get a headache once of month. I don't get migraines, or random other problems. I am a pretty healthy person. So this nagging head pain has really been taking a toll on me. Physically, emotionally. It's been gradually getting better. Every now and then it will return and be worse, but the past two days have been good. I already saw a doctor but I don't have time to go back this week (like I'd get an appointment anyways) and having to worry about seeing one while we're away is just a frustrating thought. I Seriously seriously don't want to have to be bogged down with annoying head pain while we're gone. I want to be in tip top shape when I'm watching Wicked, or taking in the New York skyline from 80 stories up. SO, I've been praying before I even step foot out of bed in the mornings that this pain would subside, the source of it would go away, and I would be able to just feel good.

Which brings me to this unexpected prayer...

On Saturday our car decided to not play nice.  Not that it's running bad, per say, but the check engine light and some other random lights that I'm assuming are important mysteriously came on. Right before we're suppose to be on the road for over 22 hours. Great. Isaak has been diligently trying to fix the problem, but it could be two different things and both would require forking out some money to get fixed since this problem isn't likely to be covered on our warranty. Nice. Have to fix the van and pay to have it fixed even though we have a warranty. Did I mention this happened 6 days before we have to drive 22 hours and that we would actually like to use our hard saved money for spending on our trip, rather than on our van?! Grrrrr.
So, I've been praying for God to provide a way that wouldn't break the bank. And then yesterday in the mail I got a check for a considerable amount of money, considerable for us anyways. Not sure, or really caring what everyone else's standards are when it comes to money. But it was surely a blessing. An absolute blessing. Praising God for that.

I'm trying to focus on the positive right now which I have so much of in my life. An abundance really. But I can feel this weight trying to sink my mind into "complain and be overwhelmed" mode. So, to add to the positives and stick it to Mr. Negative...here is a super positive,  God orchestrated, want to shout from the roof tops how awesome He is shout out....

Bekah.is.coming. Bekah is coming!!!!!!! 

Bekah. My sweet friend that I met nearly 7 years ago when me and Isaak were on a mission trip in Peru. Bekah and her team met up with us there. I had the pleasure of being in her company for like 4 or 5 days and then that was it. We came home, back to Cali, and then on from there. We kept in touch through email over the years and she has steadily grow into my heart and holds such a dear place to me. God has used her mightily in my life over the years as a constant prayer partner. And now, after nearly 7 years, I will get to see her again. She is coming here for New Years Eve and I think I'm still in shock. There is no denying how good God is.




















Here is the lone picture that I have of the two of us from our time in Peru. Can't wait to see her!!

And someone else I'm just a little bit excited to see, oh her, the ketchup to my mustard. In DC. In 10 days.



















I've got some serious Goodness goin' on. I love how good God is. Even when things don't feel so good, I don't have to look far to know that they are.

4 comments:

Holly said...

you just need to tell everything to PULL IT TOGETHER!!!!!!

in the meantime, you KNOW I'll be praying - praying praying praying.

I CANNOT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beccy said...

ummm.... so did you and holly call each other and plan to post matching pictures? you guys are awesome and just thinking of you two getting to be together again makes me smile a big happy smile.

Liz W. said...

Ha!!!! Ha!!! that is totally awesome that you both have the same pic up! and even more awesome is the time that you will have together!!!

Bekah Boo said...

I am SO beyond the times, but was catching up just now and saw this
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

CAN"T wait to see you! Can't wait for you guys to be away and have fun with Isaak and your family!
Love and fun and memory making shower down on you guys!!