Come on in...

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

rewind to November 19th.

My 28th birthday! Whoop whoop!
I didn't have enough time to post about my day before we left on vacation, so I'm doing it now because this birthday was simply the most awesome birthday EVER!

This is my 1st cake that Isaak and the girls got me.
Isaak insisted on putting all 28 candles on board, so we were blowing them out for a while. Well, I gave up after the first blow and let Sydaleigh huff and puff till they finally extinguished, which of course she had no problem doing.
I totally got hooked up with a super cute new beanie and scarf, which I totally picked out, and wore later. Then, Isaak got me some New Moon merchandise, which I brought with me later.

and later, after celebrating with my best little girls, I celebrated with my best big girls!

while waiting in line for many hours to see the New Moon premier!
Hence, my 2nd birthday cake, a mini version of Bella's cake on screen! (courtesy of Holly)


We were for real the first people at the theater, arriving at 5:30 sharp. Only to find out that they weren't letting anyone line up until 7pm, so we very quickly went across the street to grab some food, literally eating it as fast as we could in the car while spying on other people to see if they were thinking about lining up ahead of what was supposed to be our spot.
After 5 minutes of eating in the car we couldn't take it anymore and went inside and lined up anyways. We were going to be first! Four other girls ended up sneaking in front of us, so our group was second in line, but that ain't too shabby!

Me, Holly and Kara across the street at Quaker Steak and Lube getting food. Holly totally puts that fake poser biker chic to shame!


The time flew by pretty fast, thanks to the New Moon game I brought, and accompanying movie guide, plus loads and loads and loads of girl time. Something that we don't get too often because we're all busy being mama's, so getting to just sit, and talk about trivial non-important things was the best.
I was serenaded to while Becky listened on and sang along from D.C. (we missed you!)


I was graced with more goodies-I mean a girl can never have too many accessories, and check out this spiffy New Moon tote that I toted around with me everyday while at Disney, it didn't leave my shoulder. :)

Even though the movie was a huge disappointment ( I will not go see it at the theater again, but will be renting it as soon as it comes out on DVD and rewatching it in the hopes that it grows on me), we had the most fantastically fun night. Sitting around for hours with my favorite girls, eating cake, playing games, talking, laughing, was just simply so fun.

I mean, for real, check us out, there was no one behind us in line for quite a while, and they call themselves Twi-hards, ha! Getting there 7 hours early makes you a Twi-hard!

and to top off the night Isaak met me there around 10:30pm, because, real men watch twilight, okay?!

1 comment:

Holly said...

#1 - I am taking you to see it again, in the theatre, my treat.
I went again and it was WAY different. WAY.

#2 - awesome post!!!! feel like I was there again!