Come on in...

Thursday, December 31, 2009

New does NOT mean better

I don't get all this hype about all these HD t.v.'s right now.
Isaak finally bought one, finally, after talking about it for forever, he finally got one.
All I've heard is that it's going to be sooo nice, the picture is soooo amazing, you won't believe the difference!
Well, I've seen the difference, and I ain't impressed!
Ever since this big, slightly thinner HD version of a t.v. entered my home this week, all I've noticed is that the picture quality is, well, worse...and it's starting to erk me just a bit!
Every movie I try to watch looks stretched out, blurry, and pixelated to the point that the people's skin doesn't even look real.
I don't care that the movie I'm watching isn't in HD like the t.v, and that's why it looks bad, okay?!....
all I know is that my movies looked just fine and dandy on the old t.v.
Who are these people that get to rule on whether a t.v. is outdated, I mean who are "they", to tell me my t.v. is old?!
And it wasn't even old, it was just thicker!
Thick t.v.'s are still good t.v.'s.
Just because they aren't all super slim like these new show off t.v.'s doesn't mean they aren't good quality.
I liked our old t.v.
Now I'm stuck with mister slim pants that's all new and high def.
My Mamma Mia movie does not look the same!

I miss my non-old fat t.v.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

TOTALLY agree! I have no idea what the big fuss i on these tvs, and the blue ray and all this other crap! I just want to switch on the tv and watch it! As long as my tv doesn't have lines going through it and I can see it, I am okay!

The Toronto Family said...

I TOTALLY AGREE TOO!!!! we still have our "fat" tv too, and I'm not replacing it until it dies! I have seen the HD tv's in stores and I think they look weird! so I'm with you!! why do "they" have to tell us if our tv is junk when it is totally great!

Anonymous said...

They are also more energy efficient and create less waste because they are smaller. This TV prevents the ice caps from melting so fast. The old TV contains things like Mercury and other harmful gases. Getting a new TV is just the responsible thing to do. Save the environment. I know it might be like 2 degrees outside but the earth is warming up and soon the Maldives and Venice will both be under water and before Melissa gets to see them.

-Isaak