Come on in...

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Almost home...

...we're in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
It has been a very long, extremely fun, exhausting vacation chalk full of the most awesome memories.
But all good vacations must come to an end sometime, so we're on our way home.
I'm just not sure if I'm ready for what awaits us.
And what awaits us is below freezing temperatures, bone chilling winds, and possibly snow.
I'm shivering just thinking about it.
This is going to be a stark contrast to the 70/80 degree sunny days we've been soaking up in Florida. We've seriously been living in a false reality for the past 2+ weeks.
It didn't even occur to me to pack winter attire for our re-entry back into the ice age, so the girls and myself will be gracing our home state with jean jackets and flip flops.

....48 hours till our hands and toes are freezing cold, till the wind takes our breath away, and the uncontrollable shivers begin.....
I have a feeling I'm going to be dreaming of the beach to get me through the winter!

this beautiful southern island beach specifically.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh yes, my friend, right now outside my window there is about two inches of snow, maybe more. Welcome home!