Come on in...

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Organizing itch

Every year after Christmas I get an urge to organize because the house has been somewhat in shambles since Christmas morning. Isaak is always off from work so things are more untidy than usual, due to lack of normal schedule and our "Christmas vacation minded mentality." So putting Christmas away helps remove a lot of the extra clutter, physically and mentally.

So, today we packed up all of our Christmas decorations. Normally we wait until after New Years, but I was ready to see all the holiday stuff gone and put my house back together in its "pre-Christmas" way.

However, whenever I put my decorations away I have this thing where I feel like I'm looking at my house through fresh eyes. Even though its only been three weeks, my house looks bare, and new, with all the decor gone, and I like to do stuff. I'm struck with an urge to rearrange and organize. But, rearranging never ends well no matter how many years after Christmas I try to do it. We live in base housing, small base housing, and our furniture only fits, well, one way. So no matter how hard I try to stuff my couch and entertainment center onto different walls, they always end up right back where they started.

SO, that leaves me with organizing. And tonight, since Isaak is gone, across town, watching a football game...I had an unshakable urge to organize...his electronics. Apart from not being able to rearrange furniture there is only so much that I can organize that hasn't been organized already...with the exception, of his electronics. He got a new tv, and an xbox 360, and things weren't looking so tidy....cords spider webbing up the walls, games and controllers all over the place, ugh, it was a mess. I had no choice, I had to fix it. I mean, when you get an unshakable urge to organize ya just can't fight it! Ya can't fight it I say!

He shouldn't have left me alone the day we took our Christmas decorations down....I can't be held responsible for what I might do....something was going to happen! Something was going to get moved, or organized!

And it totally looks better this way. ; ) I'm betting he won't even notice...

(until, of course, he reads my blog.)

No comments: