Come on in...

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

VBS for Sydaleigh

I enrolled Sydaleigh in Vacation Bible School this week. It's Monday-Friday, for three hours each morning. I just Love that she is doing VBS. I remember as a kid my mom would make us do VBS every summer through our church, and I just loved it. And of course, Sydaleigh loves it too.
This is the first time Sydaleigh has been away from me for this long on a consistent basis. (sigh) I'm assuming this is what school is going to be like when we reach that milestone. It's hard for me to hand her over to someone else for a period of time and not know every little detail of what she's doing without me. I don't think I'll ever get over that one. However; she is very good about filling me in on all her adventures, even if it's not in too much detail, she still gives me the gyst.

As we were leaving the fellowship hall today, where she plays duck duck goose till I come to get her, I gave her one dollar to put in the offering box. Which then led to a discussion over lunch about the importance of sharing our money so we can help people who don't have as much. Joy filled her face at the thought of sharing more money tomorrow, from her own piggy back, to help more people. (ah, my heart)

Foundation...laying more of that foundation....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, what a sweet story! I know your kids are going to grow up to be such givers, they have such a great example in watching you.

And, I know that letting her go is so hard! You know I share your pain big time!

Loveless Fam said...

She is such a cute little girl I can just picture the expression on her face! And how fun for her to be able to go out on her "own" a little. Enjoy your alone time you get with Marvelly.
And answering your question we are staying until the October 8th. Its been really nice to have lots of help!