Come on in...

Friday, July 3, 2009

Riding with the big girls

...a very sweet subtle reminder on the joys that children find in the little moments of life...

Two weekends ago when me and Isaak had returned home from our date evening I was on my way back out the door to bring out baby sitter home when Sydaleigh interjects,

"Can I come with you to take Miss Katherine home?!!"

Sydaleigh was beaming with enthusiasm.

Just the idea of staying up a little past bedtime to ride with the big girls was sending her straight over the moon with delight...
I ask Isaak if he wouldn't mind that Sydaleigh tagged along with me, and he didn't mind putting the girls bedtime off for an extra thirty minutes while I indulged her, so off we all went.

Sydaleigh talked excitedly in the backseat much of the way there and back. We pulled off to the side of the road to watch Bambi eating in the grass next to the car, and just had a most splendid mother daughter time.
I remember some of these moments as a child....
...looking at my babysitters as larger than life...the cool older girls that I looked up to...
...loving those "extra" moments with my Mom, the impromptu's...donuts before school, shopping trips just the two of us.
I love that now, I am watching my own child experience these same things.
I love these small moments.
I love experiencing the simple pleasures in life with my girls.
I love their joy.

That evening wasn't a grand occasion.
Nothing overly monumental took place.
Just simple-ness.
Simple mother daughter time.
It's really the little moments that are the most important.
That's what our life is made of-lots and lots of little moments strung together.
I live for and love all of our little everyday moments.

2 comments:

Bekah said...

I love you, missy! you are such a great mom and wife! You are giving the girls such an example of love and Jesus. It blesses me!!!!

Unknown said...

Isn't it just the little things that make us all so happy?