Come on in...

Monday, July 13, 2009

Adventures with Mimi

Mumma came for a visit last week. She drove over 1100 miles from Georgia, by herself, to see us. It had been over a year since we all had seen each other so we were long overdue for a visit together. She pulled into town last Monday and headed back out yesterday morning.
Gosh we had fun.
I had fun.
My Mom had fun.
The girls had fun.
Of course we did what we always do...go for long walks, swing in the back yard, watch movies every night, talk, laugh, take pictures, go shopping, sight see, fart around...
It was so good to spend time with her.
Naturally I saved a few projects that had been on my to-do list for when she came...she helped me with some gardening and painting a big frame for the girl's room.
It was a great time.

here's some of what we did.....

We walked and played in the rain under clear sunny skies...
(really, it was pouring down rain and the sun was blaring-those two don't usually go together)

stood under an umbrella, or under our rain coat hood

danced in the mud...

and trecked it all in the house :)


next stop, Plattsmouth....
Of course I had to take my Mom to our favorite little city spot. We went to this awesome antique store on Main street and I found the cutest rocking chair for 20 bucks, in perfect condition, repainted, and just big enough for both girls to squeeze into. This place was such a gem, like most everything in this town.

we strolled the grounds of their beautiful city hall, rolled in the grass...

ate at the soda shop

escaped the looming thunderstorm up ahead

took a scenic drive and found a field of huge sun flowers getting ready to bloom

another fantastic outing here; glad my Mom was able to visit this town with me....

up next-the Train Museum, because a trip to Omaha isn't complete without stopping here.
Every time I come it feels like I'm stepping back in time.

this place is so old and grand and beautiful-of course my Mom loved it.


We stopped in Old Bellevue on Friday to see the First Presbyterian Church which is also the oldest in Nebraska. We did a lot of historical vintage sightseeing with my Mom, which happens to be right up both our alleys. We love this kind of stuff.


Saturday we Safari'd
What a fun trip this was. We got to see so many animals- elk, wolves, bears, bison, deer...


the bison were so close you could reach out and touch them, it was very cool.

Naturally none of us could resist looking ridiculous and climbing atop these stone bison.

(except my Mom)


(Mumma found out while she was here that she has a herniated disk-so of course that is an open invitation for getting jumped on in this house!)


We love the Mimi round here....let the four month countdown to Hilton Head Island begin...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love this little story of family, and I know how long that probably took you to post, I have admiration for ya!

Your mom looks like she had such a good time with her family, I am so glad you got to have her here for a visit.

Love the pic of the church in downtown and also love the pic of Sydaleigh in the mud. You are really so talented, girl!