Come on in...

Sunday, November 30, 2008

"Weird, that sounds just like"...

"a snow plow barreling down the street", "huh, I better get out of bed and check",...
Sure enough-we had snow this morning!
When I went to bed last night at 11:30 it was still green,
but under the darkness of night a blanket of snow was delivered for morning's light.
It was such a nice little surprise.
The first snow of the year is always nice and exciting.
(seeing snow on the ground somehow justifies all the cold you've had to endure up until that point-I mean if it's going to be freezing cold we might as well have snow to make it 'look' like winter, because it already feels like winter.)
I marveled with Sydaleigh as we looked out the window together, turned on some Trans Siberian Orchestra to further put us in the Christmas mood, danced in the kitchen with girls after breakfast, and just took in my first Christmas moment of the season.

1 comment:

Brant Brooks said...

I truly wish i could have been there.