Come on in...

Thursday, November 13, 2008

recycle much?

I'm getting crafty!
These are a few fun things I've made lately in an effort to
reuse more of what I already have, and throw away a little less.
Cereal organizer
We go through cereal fast in our home so I started making use of all the empty boxes and turning them into desktop organizers. I use the large 18oz Cheerios boxes because they are big enough to hold folders and larger items. Just use scissors to cut box and wrap it with any decorative paper. Secure the paper with adhesive or tape, and voila!


(left) Baby food jars are great for storing little things like buttons and other odds and ends.
(right) got this idea from another blog called Blissfully Domestic. You take your empty peanut butter containers, drill a small hole in top and side, thread ribbon through the holes and secure with a knot. You won't lose the lid and you have a cute way to store things like crayons, toys, and other small miscellaneous items.

(left) Formula Can: I fancied up this formula can with a hot glue gun and ribbon. It sits under my sink housing my extra scrubbies, sponges, and paint brushes.
(right) This sailboat was made out of the formula can's lid. You simply cut some decorative paper into a right triangle, punch three holes in the side, feed a straw through the holes, and attach the sail to the lid with playdoh. It really floats and is a fun project for kids to make and then play with.


The possibilities are endless!

No comments: