Come on in...

Saturday, November 29, 2008

On our own...

Isaak left for Texas this morning.
With all this sickness running rampant in our home the past week I hardly had time to mentally prepare for him leaving.
But, can't dodge that bullet anymore,
he's gone until almost Christmas,
and it's just me and the girls.
We haven't done a TDY in almost two years.
And even then, it was in route to Nebraska so I was lucky enough to be able to stay with my mom so she could help out with Sydaleigh.
This time it will be a tad different.
I have two kids now,
we're on our own,
there will be no one to come home to me at the end of the day,
no helping hands to take over when I'm at my wit's end,
just us.
And even though it's not fine,
I know have very capable hands of my own,
God equipped me with all that I need to survive motherhood solo for the next bit,
and it will be a fruitful time of learning to rely on Him more,
not leaning on my own strength,
not leaning on my own patience,
but letting Him wash me in His.
So ready or not...here I go....

No comments: