Come on in...

Thursday, November 20, 2008

My birthday day

Of all the things I wanted for my birthday this year, the Lord gave me what I needed most...joy and peace.
I got an early birthday treat from Isaak in the form of taking the girls out shopping for me the day before (Tuesday night) and it was such a nice, needed, little hour long break for me.
I got to cook dinner in the kitchen all by myself, while worship music blasted, and then I got to talk to my mom on the phone about cool things that have been on both our hearts lately.
Wednesday's weather was a present in itself.
We had a rare day here in the 50's with complete sunshine, so I took advantage of what I always think is going to be the last nice day we'll see till Spring, and I took the girls out for a walk, then down to the park to swing, slide, play in the sand with no shoes, and bask in the sunshine.
I left the camera at home-to not let myself by fueled by my endless desire to photograph everything, and I just let myself take in the joy of what that morning brought us.
I kissed the clock goodbye.
The girls decided when it was time to go home today.
I watched Marvelly grasp the sand between her tiniest fingers and smile at the delight that it was bringing her.
I watched Sydaleigh build a sand castle and stick a little leaf in the top for a flag and then share the sand with Marvelly so that she could help too.
When we returned home Isaak was waiting.
He brought Sydaleigh upstairs to help wrap my presents and then we sat on the floor and opened them together.
I told Isaak that the only presents I wanted was the ones that the girls picked out for me.
I didn't care if that meant a pencil, or a stick of gum.
I got tube socks.
And not just any tube socks, pink ones!
They're actually pretty nice. It gets stinkin' cold here so those will come in handy.
My mom used to wear knee socks all the time while we were kids. I remember coming in the kitchen every morning to eat breakfast, and there was my mom, in her bathrobe and tube socks.
Guess that will be me now too.
Oh, I forgot, Sydaleigh also got me Nutty Bars. Not sure if she picked those out for me, or for her, but I heard her from upstairs saying she wanted to open presents now so she could have a candy (Nutty Bar). So we enjoyed those too, right before lunch. :)
After naps we ventured back outside so I could finish racking up the leaves.
I love being outside. Always have. It brings me peace being among nature.
The evening brought dinner, cake, Veggie Tales, belly farts, romping around, and a goodnight had by all.
It was joy and it was peace. Just what I wanted.
















(Sydaleigh reading to Marvelly-moments like this touch my heart)










1 comment:

Tera said...

Happy Birthday!! Better late then never!! Sorry for some sick reason life is getting away from me. I realized this when I looked in the mirror and saw a gigantic belly, and a baby due in less the 7 weeks. Glad you were taken care of by your wonderful family. Being 27 isn't so bad, at least it is not 30!! Happy early Thanksgiving!