Come on in...

Friday, November 21, 2008

"Ugh, that did not taste good."

You know that stage you're in when you first get married, when everything is nice and happy. You're still looking out for the other person's feelings.
You hold back a little.
It's new.
Well, me and Isaak have long past that stage.

A few months into our marriage, we were living in Texas, I decided to make something new.
I wasn't very good in the kitchen, didn't know how to cook really, and I decided to make this Cheeseburger Pie thing.
Trust me, it wasn't as good as it sounds. :)
But Isaak ate it. He even brought the left overs to work with him the following day.
Because we were newly married, I didn't find out till a long time after I fed that to Isaak, that he didn't like it so much.
But, he was still polite, and asked nicely if I wouldn't make that anymore.
That was number one in the 'never make that again' list.
Number two on that list appeared about a year ago when I fed the family rice noodles for our Chinese night.
Poor Isaak, he tried to eat them, nearly finished his whole plate too, but finally had to stop, I think he said he was full, and then told me later he didn't like them.
Last night I hit number three.
I really do love trying out new recipes as I stated above and for the most part, they're a hit.
And I've never gone wrong with a Pampered Chef recipe before.
So I ventured to make this Confetti Egg Strata-because it looked really good.
I like eggs.
Isaak likes eggs.
Not to mention the bread, cheese, peppers, mushrooms, and onions.
How could you go wrong?
It took an hour and 15 minutes to cook, turned out really nice looking too; Isaak was excited because he said it smelt like omelets, and we both likes omelets.

looks good huh.
Well, it wasn't.
It tasted like wet sponge to be exact. (must have been the bread/egg combo)
I ate two bites and couldn't stomach anymore.
I looked at Isaak and said, " I can't eat this, it's terrible."
Isaak looked at me and replied, "yeah, it is pretty bad, lets have some cereal."
Oh, we've come a long way since Texas.
Honesty, gotta love it.

No comments: