Come on in...

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Virginia Beach getaway

We took a quickie trip down to Virginia Beach On Wednesday with our Panter ladies and Liz and her girls. It was wonderful. Perfect weather. Great beach. My favorite company! It was blissful and relaxing and a very well spent 24 hours.
We set up house on the beach, had to later "PCS" *smiling at Liz* down the beach a bit after we mistakenly set up shop in the surfers zone (dude, we can pack up and move like nobodies business!) stuffed ourselves silly on some seriously yummy grub,

I watched Sydaleigh, Samantha and Lydia play in the waves with reckless abandon,

I watched Marvelly sit in the sand content as can be for hours on end just digging away with her favorite pals. ( She's my cautious girl. She's not a fan of the ocean and her waves. For the first five hours of our trip she played in the sand careful not to get too close to the water.) But near the end of our day there she decided to join me in the water and she had the most joyful time jumping the waves with me.

And I got to spend time being carefree not only my girls but these amazing ladies too.
There's eleven girls in all when we get together. That's a whole lotta girls! How blessed are we to be able to call all these gals friends?!?!
After six hours at the beach, another two hours afterwards at dinner, plus another hour in the car to drive back, we made it back to Liz's and crashed. Happily worn out. What a wonderful little trip. There is never a shortage of fun when we get together. I was so fortunate to know them and do life with them during our time in Nebraska, but to all be stationed in DC/Virginia at the same time too...only Jesus could arrange that. I am beyond thankful that I got to spend my last five months in the states close to my two favorite ladies. We have a lot of memories together. :~)
And poor Isaak. He had to work and miss out on the fun. But it must be said that after only being gone for 24 hours, there is nothing like comin' home. That reality is never lost on the girls no matter how much fun they have. They are always eager to be back at their home, with their Daddy, in their room.
Even after only 3 1/2 months living here....it has become our home. Temporary as it is. The military is good about forcing you to embrace temporary and live it for all it's worth. Praying Africa can be as much home to us as DC has been and all the places before. It's been a great ride here so far....and there's more to come. Vern and Sylvia are on their way to DC for the weekend as I type! Let the good times roll!

3 comments:

Bekah Boo said...

i love everything about this.
really.

Beccy said...

Awwwww!!!! Thanks for the photo love. It makes me happy seeing yall happy and enjoying each other. Africa is going to be good. He is already ahead of you making the way for you.

Georgia said...

my girls!