Come on in...

Friday, June 15, 2012

Two minute random update

I've got two minutes to spare on here for an update, starting now.......

Gearing up for a Portrait Project tomorrow. So excited! This has been brewing for the past few months and I'm so excited that God place key people in positions here to allow me to bring P.P. to DC. Praying God's love shines bright tomorrow.

The house is in a scary state of messy. It's bad. Real bad. Every morning I wake up and look around and consider tackling it, but have too many other things that need to be tackled, so the house falls to the wayside. One of these days it will get under control again. Just not likely while we're living here.

Speaking of living here......we've been here 3 1/2 months, and just when I think I've got this city down, and I feel like I'm adjusting to the hustle and bustle of this place, something happens and I decide I hate it all over again....

I had plans to meet up with friends at the waterfront on Wednesday to play at a little waterpark. I don't know why I assumed there would be parking. It's downtown DC. There is never parking. But off I went with all my unrealistic expectations of finding a parking spot, just to drive around for 30 minutes looking for one. And after I inadvertently found myself in a parking garage even though I didn't want to park in there but I couldn't turn around because I was in an alley and of course there were cars behind me, I got lost in the garage after the attendant told me to "drive back around and park here"....right. Right, just, "Drive back around." You make it sound so easy. Driving back around included getting lost and driving three more floors under ground and starting to cry and having an emotional breakdown because I couldn't figure out where I was going or how to get out and the exit signs were lying about being exits, and this guy majorly assumed wrongly that I could navigate a parking garage. Which I can't. I should not be allowed to drive in those. Which is why next time...I'm stickin' with the Metro.

Onto something not driving related because it makes my blood pressure rise....the girls are saying the most hilarious things lately.

Yesterday after we got round two of our rabies vaccine we were cuddling on Marvi's bed to rest our owies and I started asking them q's like, "if you could be any color, what color would you be?" Or, "if you could be any animal in the world, what would you pick to be?" And from that Sydaleigh busts out, 

"if you could be a booger, would you be dry, or squishy? I'd be a dry booger."

What?! Bah ha ha! Oh I laughed so hard. The things they think to say. And of course that led to more outlandish questions like,

"what would happen if you pooped, and then sucked a little piece of poop up your nose and then blew it back out on someone?"

Oh my gosh! They were coming up with the craziest questions!! Made me laugh so hard! It feels good to laugh, and lay down and cuddle in the middle of the day and throw etiquette out the window and just be silly with my kids.

I need more of those moments. They do wonders for my heart.

1 comment:

D'Ache' said...

Just take it as preparation for living in a foreign country. It's good practice. :-)