Come on in...

Monday, June 11, 2012

Father's Day came early...my bad.

Okay. So, apparently, Father's Day was not yesterday. Apparently, Father's Day is next week.

Huh. Well I feel sheepish.

I can't believe I got that day wrong. Oh wait, yes, yes I can believe I got the day wrong. Totally believe it. My brain has ceased to function properly and when I saw all these advertisements for Father's Day coming up, none of them said it was the 17th. So, logically, I just assumed it was the 10th.

It wasn't.

Stupid non specific advertisements for big screen tv's and...grills!

We didn't even figure it out until after we got to church and saw that it was Senior Sunday. Senior Sunday?! What the heck?! On Father's Day?

"What a jip!" I thought. Guess you'll be missing out on that Beef Jerky handout after service Isaak.

It wasn't until half way through worship when I finally looked over to Isaak and said, "Are you sure today is Father's Day?" They had still made no reference to Father's at all, and I was starting to wonder, "what is up with this church? They could at least give them a shout out. I know graduation is a big deal, but really? To snub the dads for this?" Oh, I'm gonna be havin' some words with the pastor...or at the very least and more realistically sending a respectful email that sounded stern until I typed it out. I mean, this is just wrong.

"Isaak, why don't you look up Father's Day on your phone just to double check when it is."

He looked back over at me, unconvinced. He was still certain today was his day. Can't imagine where he'd get that idea from????

He starts surfing around on his phone, very covertly during the singing....and sure enough....

Father's Day June 17th 2012.

"Uhhhh. Happy early Father's Day Isaak!"! (*insert awkward smile*)

I gotta say, I'm very proud of my power of persuasion. I had Isaak completely convinced yesterday was Father's Day. Even when I started to doubt, he was certain that I was right. Ha ha! Wow did I ever get that one wrong. I should really not be allowed to like, plan things. Especially things that revolve around dates. It gives people the impression that you actually know what's going on in the world. And clearly I do not.

So, looks like we'll be celebrating Father's Day twice this year. Beef Jerky is still on!
Happy early Father's Day Isaak. We love you!

3 comments:

Holly said...

Isaak is one blessed daddy ;-) hee hee hee hee...

Bekah Boo said...

hahahahahahhahahahaa
i love this so much
and hellow hotties. your family is full of models! :)

Georgia said...

love your dress! and isaak too! so glad Jesus put you guys together! and of course, my other girls are beautiful - love ya!