Come on in...

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Little Chieftains

Today Sydaleigh participated in a cheer clinic at the high school and performed during the girl's basketball game half time.  She practiced for almost five hours before the game and learned one dance and two cheers. The high school cheerleaders were the coaches but Sydaleigh's kindergarten teacher was there to supervise, who she just adores. She has never done anything like this before, as I've never enrolled her into any dance classes. But she did so good and she absolutely LOVED it!
I was so proud of her. We all were. Marvelly was screaming and waving to her from the sidelines. She is so brave and always eager to try new things. It was no problem for her at all that she was performing in front on an entire gymnasium. She was just having so much fun with the older girls, cheering on the bleachers during the first two quarters, and talking with one of her favorite friends Lily, who was also there. I think after today I see cheering in her future. :~)

(And, I had to fight back tears, again! As I watched her practice for a few minutes after we dropped her off, and seeing her jump right in, having fun doing the Funky Chicken with Lily, I just felt an inexplicable urge to cry! What.the.heck! She's doing that thing that kids do....growing up and getting all independent. If I get all weepy when she's gone for five hours doing a cheer clinic.....there ain't much hope for me when she does something really big...like go to college....or go on her first date! *gulp*  Good thing we're taking baby steps, my heart needs to proceed slowly. I hear it gets easier with the second born....we.shall.see.about.that.)

Way to go my Little Chieftain! You totally rocked that Justin Bieber song!

2 comments:

D'Ache' said...

Rockin' with the hip out...go Sydaleigh!

Georgia said...

she looks so cute - and right up there in front! i bet marvelly woulda been up there with her if she could. love ya!