Come on in...

Monday, March 15, 2010

Random life things

Some things that are going on right now....

I took over the leadership of our bible study. We're starting a new series tomorrow, Francis Chan's The Forgotten God, which is going to be amazing. More to come on that...

The adoption process is moving steadily along. We are in the middle of our home study. We were assigned our case worker at the beginning of February, just three days after completing our ADOPT workshop. We were told it would take at least three weeks to be assigned and contacted by our case worker...and it only took 3 days. We have met with him individually as well as a couple, and we only have one more meeting with him as a couple before he starts the home visits. We've also submitted all of our background paperwork...which was a lot! Digging up addresses for the past 10 years was interesting; I should really keep those on file so we don't have to resort to Google Earth again to figure out where we used to live. :) We hope to wrap up our home study within the next two months depending how long it takes to process all that background info...

Isaak is still in school. Last quarter he stumbled upon a program that the Air Force offers to become a P.A. And, he's going to do it. We've thought about it a lot, talked about it a lot, and really believe this is the path God is leading Isaak. He is passionate about medicine, which he only discovered through becoming a dental assistant ( super God-thing!). So he's going to pursue becoming a Physician's assistant. Awesome program out of Texas, he'll get his Master's degree after one very intense year, be promoted to an officer, and then get to diagnose, treat, write prescriptions, and all that jazz. He will submit his application next January, and upon approval we'll be headed to San Antonio for a year. But this is still a ways off, so right now we're content to be in Nebraska, doing what we're doing.

I'm trying to get out of my winter funk. I devised a plan this weekend to get back on track. I'm gonna start getting up in the mornings again to go to the gym. My brain functions much better when it's jolted to life at 6am by the treadmill. During the winter I waited till the girls were awake to bring them with me, to have somewhere to go and play (playground in the gym). But with spring around the corner they're able to play outside again, and I get a lot more out of my workout when I'm not having to jump off the treadmill every 5 minutes to save Marvelly from something dangerous she's doing. I also made a new schedule for our days. Like I said, winter funk. It made me lazy, we just pretty much farted around all winter doing things here and there, without much rhyme or reason. Done with that. We are back to rhyme and reason. I made up a schedule for our days (because I work better with a schedule or list of some kind, it keeps me on track, which I need...or else I just go off on tangents...)

I've also been researching preschools for Sydaleigh like crazy. Registration will be starting soon and I need to decide where to take her in the Fall, but I can't decide because I'm too stinkin' picky. I don't want to spend an arm and a leg, I only want her gone 3 days a week, half days only, small class size, balanced curriculum, yada yada ya....I think I've narrowed it down to two, now I just need tour the schools and pick. I'm so not ready for this.

Well that's about it. I mean that's not ALL it, but ya know, just some of our random life things going on right now. :)

2 comments:

Tera said...

You sound like you are way too in control! That is AWESOME! You may have to teach me your tricks. I am doing the homeschool preschool for Hailey and Kaden and we LOVE our time together. I was selfish after giving my older two to the public school system. But everyone is doing great! Wish I was there so you could get me out of my winter funk too, good luck!

Georgia said...

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! she's to young to go to school!!!! waa-a-a-a-a-a-h. i'm her mimi - i need more time!!
love ya,
mom