Come on in...

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Farewell

I said goodbye to Holly.
Well, kind of.
It was as much of a goodbye as I could muster without breaking down in tears in the middle of the hotel lobby.
So, we did like dudes do...and did a quick shoulder pat, a "see ya in November" and went our separate ways.
Separate ways...hmmm, I wonder what that will look like?
I told myself I would allow a one day funk filled with Twilight, Mamma Mia, chocolate, and tears, I would wait to cry untill tomorrow, on my funk day.
But, as soon as the cool open air hit me as I walked with the girls to the car, "it" hit me.
I couldn't suppress the emotion anymore.
It came bubbling up and completely spilled over.
I sobbed every step, until I reached the car and motherhood beckoned me back.
I quickly recovered, wiped the tears away, and drove us home.
It finally felt good to cry.
Even though it was only for 30 seconds, I needed those 30 seconds.
I needed those 30 seconds to move forward tonight.
I finally needed to feel.
But as I drove home, knowing Holly and her precious family, who have come to be my family, would be driving to a new life tomorrow....
I realized a friend like Holly you don't say goodbye to forever.
There is no need to cry "forever" tears.
We'll see each other again,
and that is a reason to celebrate, and to plan, and to be excited.
So tomorrow on my self imposed funk day I will be celebrating and rejoicing over the friendship God gave me. If I cry it will not be out of loss, but out of thanksgiving.

(Praying safe travels over you all tonight. )

1 comment:

Brandi Vidal said...

Do you realize I have "held" it together until I read your post. Even when I said my "goodbye, until next time". I didn't cry, I wouldn't allow it. I absolutely avoid "goodbyes" at all costs. I even just drop my Mom and Dad off at the airport...I just can't go in. And now....I am choking back the tears and I just can't believe the Panters have moved on. I'm so happy for them...so very down for us.