Come on in...

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Sydaleigh's getting glasses

I took Sydaleigh to get her eyes checked today at the Embassy because she has been making comments here and there about having trouble seeing, and as I suspected, she will need glasses. She has 20/100 vision.

It was only a matter of time.

I have terrible vision, as does just about every other person in my family. Isaak on the other hand has perfect vision, so it kinda stinks that she got stuck with my eyesight, but such is life. There are worth things to inherit I suppose.

I have another appointment for her downtown with a local ophthalmologist on Monday afternoon to get her further tested to see what her prescription will be, and have her fitted for glasses. She is conflicted about whether or not she is happy about this. I think initially she thought it was kinda cool, she was smiling when she heard the news, I think the idea of wearing glasses and just doing something different is initially appealing. But then Marvelly started chiming in saying, "What if the boys in your class laugh at you?!" Oh, thanks for that Marvelly. We can always count on you to keep it real. So now of course she is slightly nervous how her peers will react, as no one else in her class wears glasses.

So, some changes up ahead for her. We talked a lot today about how I didn't get glasses until I was ten years old, so she's beaten me by two years. While Uncle Joel on the other hand came out of the womb wearing glasses his eyes were so bad! =) We talked a lot about all the people we know who wear glasses, and it doesn't make you any different, you just have glasses in front of your eyes from now on.

She told me she would like to have purple glasses...and if we can find some here, I have no doubt she will rock those purple glasses and look spectacular.

Given that they have to send all the glass to France to have the lenses made, it will likely be a little while before she actually wears them.

So, she'll have time to warm up to the idea a little longer before it becomes a reality.


1 comment:

Kelly said...

Sweet baby! I wore glasses too- and nobody made fun of me. Plus she is going to look so stylish and pretty. And she will look even more like a little artist! Hugs! xoxo