Come on in...

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Today I am thankful....

-that I made it through my first April in Burkina! Holla! April is considered the hottest month of the year here, with temperatures reaching past 110 degrees almost daily. And now it is officially half way through May! The temps are still over 100 degrees but Friday is suppose to be only 97 degrees, and then back to the 100's. But I will gladly welcome the "cooler" temp this week.

-that I can have a sense of humor about 97 degrees being "cooler" temperature.

-for A.C. and a pool. Huge blessings. Words can not express my thankfulness.

-that there are only 16 school days left! Yes, we are counting!

-that my daughter can attend a private international school....free. of. charge.

-for French lessons this afternoon. I seriously love french lessons.

-for small strides in understanding and having childlike conversations in french. I'm not as far as I'd like, but I know a whole lot more than before I moved here.

-for our little cat Amira who is thankfully not so little and evil anymore.

-that I only get viciously attacked by her a few days a week. My skin is happy.

-for my morning at the orphanage today and getting to partner with God in a teeny tiny way to bring joy to children in need.

-for our three mango trees in the backyard that our overflowing presently with ripe mangos!

-for the fresh mango and pineapple smoothie I had for lunch this afternoon. Oh my gosh, happiness in my mouth. So good.

-that I have learned to like new foods since moving here! Mangos and avocados!

-that I was brave enough to eat the raw salmon that I accidentally ordered on Friday because I thought it was smoked, which it said it was, but I interpreted it as smoked meaning fully cooked. It was not. The joy of not having menu's in english and thinking you understand french well enough to make an informed decision on your dinner choice.

-that there were potatoes on my plate to sandwich between the raw salmon. I could still taste the wet cold slime, but it was doable. Go me.

-that Marvelly only threw up once yesterday.

-for being spoiled on Mother's day! Still so thankful for Sunday!

-that my girls have friends coming over to play this afternoon. Thankful for community!

-that ALL our adoption paperwork is in the mail as of yesterday on it's way to Burkina! Once it arrives we will only have to have it translated...and then it's off to the government. Not. much. longer!!

And more. So much more. That's it for today! Off to go swim with the girls and their friends!

No comments: