Come on in...

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Bible study ladies night

I got together last night with my bible study group for one last group time before summer break!
The ladies in this picture represent about 1/3 (there's about 50 of us total) of the gals who participate in our Ouaga bible study. There are three groups that meet bi-monthly, two on Tuesday afternoons, and one on Thursday night which is the one I attend. Together we journey through a study in our respective groups and then get everyone together once complete for a big group night.

There are some seriously inspiring ladies up in this group. Women who I want to just sit at their feet and soak up every word of wisdom they have garnered over the years. Women so mature in their faith, so steadfast, so full of knowledge...it is an honor to be in their company and learn from them, dig into scripture with them, pray with them, and learn how to love Jesus better along side them.

There are a lot of nationalities represented in our group. We have women from Ireland, Poland, Belgium, Switzerland, England, Togo, Canada, Australia, Indonesia, Nigeria, Burkina Faso, and the U.S. There are missionaries, teachers, military spouses (actually that's just me), women with NGO's...women here for all kinds of reasons. There are women who have lived in Burkina for over 20 years. There are women new to overseas life. There are spouses, singles and married with no kids. We have a mishmash of accents and there are too many cultural differences to name. But despite all our differences, one common factor we all share is our love for Christ. And that is more substantial than anything else.

These ladies have taught me a lot this past year. And I am blessed for the Lord's grace to let me grow deeper in my walk with Him alongside such a diverse and inspiring group of ladies!

1 comment:

Bekah Boo said...

you are pretty.
that is all.
also? of course that wasn't all. and i love that your group is SO diverse. the Body! I love that :)