Come on in...

Monday, September 19, 2011

CHIEF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I knew something was smelling exceptionally funky in the girls room. At first I thought it was coming from the laundry room. But after a thorough cleaning of the litter, the smell remained.

Hmmmm........

"What is the rank smell????"

Unfortunately I did not have time to investigate yesterday, when it started crinkling my nose.

But today, I knew I'd have to tear the girls room apart and figure out what was causing it.

Oh my.

*deep breaths*

I really only thought it would be an old soiled pull-up that got kicked under the bed by accident.

Mmmm mmmm......nope. Worse.

Okay...maybe Chief peed on something.....nope. Worse.

Alright....perhaps Anna coughed up a hair ball under one of the beds.

*gag reflux kickin' it*....nope.......Worse.

When Sydaleigh bent down and told me she spotted the culprit under her bed, I lifted off the mattress to get a better look.

Looked like a hair ball to me.

If only.....if only it had indeed been a hair ball.

Upon closer inspection.....

I discovered.....

that resting under Sydaleigh's bed.....

WAS.A.DEAD.MOUSE!!!! *cringe and shudder*

A mouse!!!!!!

A FLIPPIN' MOUSE!!!! Left under Sydaleigh's bed to no doubt bask in the glory of his catch.

Oh uggghhhhh uhhhhhh..... I don't do mice. Sorry. I shewed Sydaleigh off to the play room, screamed for Isaak, started breathing through my mouth lest that wretched smell of DEATH make me vomit....and Isaak brought that thing outside.

*shivers racing through my spine*

I can't even think about it without cringing. And my blood pressure rises. And I feel a stress induced heart attack comin' on. 

There is only ONE reason why there'd be a dead mouse in this house. ONE REASON!! And that one reason just happened to bring one home this afternoon and try to run into the house with it dangling from his mouth. ICK! "Get back! Get back! You ain't comin' in here!!" 

I had to practically beat that thing from the grip of his mouth with a broom stick. That nasty nasty NASTY cat.

It was one thing to find an occasional snake in the house when we lived in California. It was one thing to discover an occasional dead lizard or frog in the house when we lived in Florida. I'm okay with the cats killing little crickets and beetles that sneak under the door cracks here in Nebraska.

Occasional reptiles, amphibians, and insects....I can handle. That is fine.

But it is another matter en.ti.r.ly. when Isaak's cat brings vermin home. Rodents are NOT okay.

Not okay!!!

That cat BETTER find another place to sleep tonight because I am not opening that door to let him in even if meteorites threaten to rain down, if it drops to -50 degrees, or he is being chased by a pack of wild dogs!!

There are hardly words for how much I despise that cat.

3 comments:

Georgia said...

cats are suppose to hunt, missie! surprised he didn't eat the dern thing. i love you.

Holly said...

I'm not living around the corner any more, but if I was I want you to know that I'd 'accidentally' place deadly poison all around his 'spots'...just for you ;-)

D'Ache' said...

I love that is now referred to as Issak's cat. LOL!!!