Come on in...

Thursday, September 8, 2011

After hours

I just settled into bed, after getting the girls down late, to watch myself a little show and relax. When after about five minutes, I hear the teensiest tiniest squeeeak in the hallway outside my opened door. Without having to look, I say, "Sydaleigh...what is it?" and she comes around the corner into my room. She had a good nap that afternoon so I knew she was having a hard time falling asleep, so staring into those hopeful eyes I pap the bed and tell her to hop on up.

She eagerly climbs under the covers, cozies herself up to me and I let her stay up later than the late she already went to bed, and we had ourselves a little cracker eatin', movie watchin' mini after hours party.



It was a grand time. And I think it's safe to say she digs these moments as much as me. I have so many sweet memories growing up of me and my mom going to Hollywood Video, getting a movie, strawberry Twizzlers, ALWAYS!, and cozing up on the couch to watch ourselves a show. Heck, that's still one of our favorite things to do! And no doubt I'll be making some memories with my girls doing the exact.same.thing.

No comments: