Come on in...

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Better get at it

T minus five days till I leave.

Five days?!

Oye.

Isaak has been asking me every day, "so, what ya gonna do while you're gone?" "Have you thought about what you're going to bring with you?"

"no."

and "no."

I haven't thought about it. At.all. Well, hardly. Every time I think about leaving I brush the thought away to be thought about later. :~)

But, as the thought came crashing down on me this morning that I only have five days left till I leave...well, I better get at it.

I better start putting a dent in that pile of laundry so I can have clothes to pack.
I better order some books I thought about ordering last week so they can be here before I leave.
I better get to the grocery store so Isaak and the girls can eat while I'm gone.
I better get to the grocery store so I can eat while I'm gone. :)
I better make Isaak a list of what to do with the girls all day, he's bound to need ideas.
I better get directions to figure out how to get to where I'm going.
I better get directions to the nearest hospital...just in case.

Ah...I better, I better, I better.....

I just better get at it. Or else Friday is going to be here and I'm gonna be standing in the middle of my bedroom floor with my Bambi caught in the headlights look because I am so not prepared to leave.

"Think of it as a retreat. Think of it as a retreat. Think of it as a retreat."

Thinking happy thoughts.....

3 comments:

Tera said...

IT IS A RETREAT!! WHERE ARE YOU GOING? Remember you are never alone! Call if you need someone to chat with. Have FUN reading good books, writing in your journal, and REMEMBER you are a beloved Daughter of God, and he hears and answers your prayers! Love you! BE SAFE!

Liz W. said...

I may join you just to get away from the crazies in my house!!! You will be a freshed new woman when you get back!! and healthier too!!

Liz W. said...

that would be "REFRESHED"