Come on in...

Thursday, May 19, 2011

While Mommy's away....

....the girls would take a nap almost every.single.day.

Wha?????

My girls are NOT nappers. Especially Marvelly. That girl stopped napping at two and hasn't looked back since.

Am I doing something wrong here?

Isaak is home for a week and they clunk out.

I am going to tell myself that there's just something about daddy's energy level that wears out a kid. Which was good for Isaak; it gave him a small window of breathing room the week I was gone.

I got many a phone call from him saying,

"the house is a wreck! And the only time I have to clean it is when they sleep because they tare it apart while they're awake!" Mmmm hmmmmm.

"I don't know how you do it babe...this is hard. I am so tired." Mmmmmm hmmmmm.

"I could literally only take a two.minute.shower because I was afraid they'd burn the house down while I was in there." Mmmmm hmmmmmm.


"how do you know if cupcakes are done?" Isaak had to make cupcakes for Sydaleigh's last day of school the day before I came home and his brain was so fried he couldn't remember! Mmmmmm hmmmm....been there.

It was funny listening to him talk to me as Mr. Mom.

He managed to keep the girls so busy they would fall asleep mid afternoon, he managed to keep them clean, somewhat fed, dressed, got them to their places on time, did their hair, remembered to have them go to the bathroom...and their was no broken bones or bald spots when I came home. :~)

And at the end of the week he was still able to say, "ya know, I thought that after spending so much time with them, I'd be sick of em'...but turns out that spending so much time with them made me only want to hang out with them more!"

Yeah....welcome to my world. Kids are pretty cool.

Isaak did beyond fabulous. And I'm very proud to say that he made it to the end of the week not only still standing, but he didn't lose any hair, get any greys, and he wasn't mumbling incoherently. All good signs in my book! My man's a trooper! Taking on mommy duties for a whole week, morning, noon and night- yeah-ya!
(on their way to Sydaleigh's preschool graduation! I was so sad to have missed it but Isaak recorded it all so I could still watch it. She even got the "Little Artist Award". In the words of her teacher...."when we would ask the kids to draw pictures of people, they would have your basic person with head, arms and legs....but Sydaleigh would have her person with clothes, shoes, a crown, eyelashes, eyebrows, lips, long curly hair, and jewelry." That's my girl! )



Lots of snuggling when I came home. We missed each other somthin' fierce! Glad to be back at it!

And just in time for Isaak's birthday!......

No comments: