Come on in...

Thursday, December 2, 2010

NC, NYC, D.C., and SC- 10th Anniversary trip and then some!

First stop-North Carolina....

We hit the road at 3:30 in the morning on Saturday the 13th and after two long days of driving, we made it to the Mimi's in her very coastal country new town of Rocky Point right outside of Wilmington.


And by coastal country I mean that it's this funny combination of the south, the coast, and the country....so people can get away with holding their mail boxes together with rope and duct tape.  :)

I packed some chewable Dramamine tablets for Marvelly in the event she got car sick. Okay, in the event WHEN she got car sick. Poor kid usually doesn't last past the first hour. And this time, she made it one hour on the dot. I didn't hesitate after that giving her the dramamine, I didn't want her feeling sick, and I didn't want to have to be catching vomit at the spur of the moment.


It did tend to make her a bit sleepy though. So she slept a lot. Sydaleigh on the other hand was happy as a clam, wide awake, hardly slept at all. And I'm proud to say that we only had to stop TWO times each day driving 12 hours each time. Oh yeah. My girl knows how to hold her pee. :~)

Anyways, away from the vomit and pee talk....we got to N.C. on Sunday, and spent time together on Monday at the beach before we took off on our much awaited adventure.


Marvelly had some aversion to the water this trip so she preferred to just plant it in the sand. Sydaleigh however just went full speed ahead, clothes and all.


(side note. We forgot our beach pails due to the fact that they were covered under snow before we left, so we hit up my mom's Walmart and got Halloween buckets for $ .13. Walmart can be good for something after all.) 


Oh my gosh did we ever miss those girls....

1 comment:

Loveless Fam said...

WOW the beach I would love to sit on the beach right now! Looks like you had some fun and thank goodness for the meds that can help the kiddos!