Come on in...

Saturday, December 18, 2010

While we're away the girls will play

I got an earful and a picture filled eye full to fill in the gaps for what happened with the girls while we were away on our adventure. And it was easy enough to see that we weren't the only ones who were having fun, or adventures. There was a week filled of activities with their Mimi and grandpa Dave.


The girls went to the beach and searched for shells, or feathers.



 Marvelly really liked to dig holes and then sit, or lay face first in them.

They went to the playground.




Fishing.

Ate out. And boy did they have their fill of french fries, hot dogs, (Marvelly discovered hush puppies), and ice cream. Lots of ice cream.

Painting of the beautiful sea shells they found and turned into necklaces.


There was a slight diaper fiasco in which my mom forgot to strap one on Marvelly at bedtime, and woke up next to her to find the bed covered in a nice layer of pee. (you will never live that down Mom. Sorry. Too funny!)

And when we got back I was greeted with some big morning hugs when they woke to find me sleeping next to them in bed.  "Mommy! Mommy's here! Marvelly wake up, look, look, Mommy's back!"
And a Cinderella princess cake for my birthday. Oh, and a most lovely, very see through floor length night gown for my present. Because I don't have a nightgown and I need one just like the girls. So, Sydaleigh picked me out the most beautiful one she could find. And it's see through, or, a, sheer. And she didn't care. No matter how many other nightgowns Mimi tried to show her to buy me, she had her heart set on buying me this one, because it went all the way to the floor. Gosh I love those girls.



Time to spend some family time together in Hilton Head!

2 comments:

Holly said...

oh. my. word. that nightgown is such an adorable story ;-)

Georgia said...

how is that nightgown working out for you?? love ya!