Come on in...

Monday, July 26, 2010

Out Of My Hands

This morning I drove across town to the Nebraska Children's Home Society , walked in the front doors, and handed in our final paperwork, complete with five copies of our profile letter.

That's it.

From this point on it is now out of my hands.

There is nothing left to do but wait.

And, I'm okay with waiting. God's been teaching me how to wait on Him for a good long while now, and, I'm at a point where I can wait, in peace, no matter how long it may take.

We will wait for the Lord to bring the right mother, and the right child into our family.

I have no idea who God has chosen to trust us with her child. I have no idea if she is pregnant yet. I have no idea what she's been through...or will be going through...to lead her to adoption.

But what peace I have when I think about her knowing that God is watching her right now, seeing everything she's going through...and knowing at some point in time God is going to collide our worlds together. And I pray that when the time comes, and our lives are forever intertwined, it will be a beautiful display of God's love and grace.

Because we know God wants what's best for us. Even if what's best isn't exactly what's easiest.

So we wait. We wait in peace because we know she's out there somewhere. And God is moving all the pieces of our lives to bring us together. Sometimes that takes a while. So, again I say, we wait...

"Lord, I don't know if I'm ready for this. I don't know what this next step looks like. I don't know what I'm going to need to handle whatever comes our way. Thank you that you don't wait until we're perfectly prepared to ask us to follow You. Thank you that you've called us, right now, where we're at, all our imperfections, to follow in the path you've laid out for us. What peace I have knowing you are overseeing our lives. And so I'm standing in faith That.You.Will.Equip me, Isaak, Sydaleigh, and Marvelly and continue to develop in us the qualities we will need...to love the mother, and to love the child, no matter her background, or the child's age, gender, or race. Hold my hand, and remind me of Your promises and goodness when my heart forgets. Help us Lord, so when that phone rings, and your promise is waiting on the other end...we will be ready to take the call."

1 comment:

Jen said...

So happy for you and your family! Your next child is going to be very lucky to be placed into your fun and loving home! So excited for that day to come!! So proud of you Miss. love ya!