Come on in...

Friday, July 23, 2010

Getting back on track.

I've been out of my routine lately. My routine of getting up early, when the sun just starts to peek in through the windows and go out for my run and quiet time with God.

I busted a toe last Thursday while attempting to mow the lawn. I was trying to move a patio chair without letting the handle go on the mower, and I forcefully set it down on my toe, which proceeded to gush blood and swell. After a week I'm finally able to put pressure on it.

The next day I had a little mole cut out of my leg which has been hurting like he cut half my leg out.

Then, the next day, we went to a birthday party and I seriously busted my left shoulder going down a 16 foot high inflatable water slide. That was totally worth it though. :)

However, with all those things working against me, I haven't been up for getting up lately.

Stinkin' body hurting all at the same time.

Quiet running time is essential for me in the morning. I like to escape, and run, and have quiet talks with the Lord before I talk to anyone else. To pray, and clear my head, and gather perspective and energy before the chaos sets in. I crave it. And I've been missing it.

Hoping my stitched up leg, swollen toe, and busted shoulder feel better fast, so that I can get my mornings back on track....

2 comments:

Brooke said...

I feel your pain! I don't know where my good night's sleep and early mornings went. I miss them! I'm praying for a normal routine with Tripp again soon and I'm praying for you to heal quickly so you can get back on track! Until then, enjoy the "rebellion" of taking it easy. Sometimes we need that! Love ya!

Beccy said...

How in the world did I miss all these new posts?! I can't believe you wore those killer heels to the party when you had a busted up toe and leg! You are the WOMAN!