Come on in...

Monday, February 15, 2010

Stuck...

...in.the.middle.of.a.car wash.

Uh huh.

Of course that would happen to me.

It's always been a fear of mine, a minor fear, but a fear none the less....that every time I go through a car wash, there is going to be a malfunction and I will be stuck inside the car unable to get out...surrounded by machinery that could crush me, or scald me to death if I tried to open the door and make a run for it because I was getting too claustrophobic to stay inside anymore.

Dramatic, yes, but what can I say, that's where my mind goes when we're slowly being pulled through, okay!?

And, today that happened.

Not the whole getting crushed or scalded to death....just the getting stuck part, but still.

We just got done getting soaped up...about to be forcefully sucked into the brushes when everything just, shut down.

The car wash completely.shut.down while we were inside.

I mean, for real!?! I almost couldn't believe it!

I was looking around, my eyeballs darting back and forth, thinking to myself, "ughhh, what just happened? I know I did not just get stuck inside a car wash! Is this for real? Seriously? ...nooooooooooooo!!.....don't let them see you panic....pretend to be mad so it disguises you freaking out....."

Surely it's one thing to have paranoid unrational fears...but for those paranoid unrational fears to actually become real, well that's just crazy!

Every time I've gone through a car wash and thought about how terrible it would be to get stuck inside, my better reasoning always convinced me that it was completely improbable that that would actually happen.

So despite the fact that this was a real fear of mine...I was still completely dumbfounded when it actually happened!

Thankfully I wasn't alone...if I had been I may have just made a run for it...left the car and ran...ya know...before the machinery could come to life and crush me to bits (I'm such a freak sometimes! I don't know why I envisioned the machinery falling apart around me. Now I know that when you get stuck inside a car wash, nothing crashes into the car, you just get stuck. The machinery doesn't go berserk, nothing's falling from the rafters or anything. I'm thinking I saw one too many horror movies growing up?)

Anyways, we made it out alive. No harm done.

(but I'm still praying to God that that never happens to me again-I don't want to push my luck!)

2 comments:

Liz W. said...

hee hee!! only you Melissa. another funny story for the books ;-)

Beccy said...

I second Liz on this one!