Come on in...

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The girls first dentist trip

I took the girls to the Dentist this morning.
After being referred, by everyone I know, I took the girls to Dr. Jane Bennett.
She has a very reputable practice, cute farm decor, comfortable, friendly, and a very easy going manner among all the employees. So I caved and brought them in.
We talked to the girls before hand about getting their teeth cleaned and brushed so I wasn't expecting much resistance.
Marvelly was easy breezy.

She just sat there and let the lady brush away while she watched her personal t.v.

Sydaleigh did great, at first.

She is a bit more hesitant when it comes to trying new things, a bit more on the skeptical side.
But in the beginning she sat really well and let the hygienist polish all her teeth while she watched t.v. And then...she was done.
I would have thought she'd put up a fight having to have her teeth polished,
but she put up a fight instead when it came time to floss. Go figure.
But then she took her x-rays no problem. (???)
Silly kid.
Anyhoo.....when the gal gets done polishing and brushing her teeth, she informs me that Sydaleigh's bottom front two teeth or a little wiggly.
I'm sorry...say what?!?
Then, she told me that they would likely fall out before her 5th birthday.
I'm sorry....say what?!?
Uh oh...a little panic starting to set in......
....this mamma is NOT ready to be having her baby's teeth fall out....mkay?!?
What the heck, she's only four years old?!
Then she informed me that children start loosing teeth anywhere from 4-6 yrs old, and even though 4 yrs. old is on the early side... Sydaleigh must just be ahead of the curve.
Well, great.
AND then...as if that wasn't enough bad news for one day, when her x-rays came back the gal told me that her front top two teeth have hardly any roots, likely the result of a trauma (this is Sydaleigh we're talking about, the girl falls down every day...am I suppose to narrow down the fall that may have potentially caused the damage!)
SOOOO, as a result of having minimal roots left her front top two teeth will likely fall out prematurely.
I'm sorry...say what?!?
So her bottom two teeth are already wiggly and are going to fall out before she's 5...and her top two teeth are going to follow suit.
Uh oh...more panic setting in.....
Did I mention I'm not ready for her teeth to start falling out yet...because I'm not even ready for them to be wiggly!

3 comments:

Holly said...

seriously!? did anyone stop to ask us permission for this !!!????

Unknown said...

This is too funny, even for me who hates dentist stories, tee hee.

It is coming for ya, soon you will have that older girl! I pray for all of us!

Bekah said...

your poor momma's heart! :(
ps: maybe they will be "wiggly" for years... ya never know :)