Come on in...

Friday, February 5, 2010

Little Sickling

My little Marvelly is sick.
Of course I had no idea.
Marvelly almost always has a little bit of phlegm rattling around in her throat which triggers a little nagging cough on most days.
Typically she's not sick, she just can't seem to get rid of this phlegmy annoyance.
So, she's been coughing for about a week, but this time the cough was getting deeper, and louder, and since this is a big weekend coming up I figured I better take her in just to make sure it wasn't turning into something else.
We head to the Urgent Care because getting an appointment on base is impossible unless you aren't sick.
I found out that she has croup, is wheezing and has a fever of 102 degrees.
Really?
I had no idea.
I wasn't even aware that she was running a fever.
Talk about feeling like the lousiest mom alive.
Geesh.
So know I'm having to give her breathing treatments every 4 hours because she's gotten a little bit worse and her breathing is way more labored.
Plus a steroid every day.
Plus and antibiotic every day.
Ibuprofen every six hours to keep her fever down.
But despite all her ailings, she's flouncing about the house as usual.
Trying to scale the arm of the couch and jump off, wrestling with Sydaleigh, nothing that would indicate she's sick except for the fact that it sounds like she's going to cough up a lung at any moment.
Apparently running a fever and not being able to breathe aren't enough to slow this kid down.
Really hoping she gets on the mend soon, I hate it when the girls are sick.

Don't let the happy stunt lovin' dancing face fool you...she really is sick...I promise.

3 comments:

Holly said...

oh Marvelly!

(Samantha was/is the same way - high tolerance to pain!)

Liz W. said...

wow! based on those pics, she had me fooled too!!

don't feel bad it happens to all of us. Gracie had a 2x ear infection & pnemonia and I just thought she had a cold.

Beccy said...

oh wow! we will keep you distracted tomorrow night so you don't worry about her while you are away. :o). hope she gets on the mend quickly.