Come on in...

Saturday, March 8, 2014

Me and the girls

Isaak is out of town this weekend working, so it's just me and the girls hanging out. 

Last night I cozied up on the couch with a bowl of ice cream and watched the goodness of Great Expectations. It was the Masterpiece Theater version done in 2012, and it was brilliant. I love Charles Dickens. His stories are so complex and thought provoking. And this movie was fabulous. 

This Saturday morning has been very quiet and peace filled.

Sydaleigh has been busy making progress in the book she is writing. She types it on the computer, and draws pictures with a little art program, and then prints off the pages and colors in the art work. She has been working on it for hours this morning. She says she only wants to be an artist, and not an author, but she absolutely loves to write and create books...so maybe she'll do both someday.
Marvelly has been very busy giving all of her dolls bubble baths in the sink. She prefers the company of other people, but when she gets into the zone she can play independently for quite a while, and it is so cute listening to her talk to all her toys with her very unique Marvelly imagination.

Now they are outside playing and getting some semi-fresh air before the heat of the day sets in too much. They have friends coming over later in the afternoon for a sleepover, so that should be fun.

It's definitely an order a pizza kind of night. Dinner took me over three hours to prep and cook last night, so I'm not touching anything kitchen related tonight...it's my night off.

And I currently have a movie downloading for me with the hopes that I will be ready to watch once the kids are in bed.

Feeling good. Feeling peaceful. And rested. We don't get a lot of Saturdays like this, where we can just hang out with no obligations to be anywhere or do anything, so I am soaking up this day!

1 comment:

Georgia said...

good for you guys! love my girls!!!! love marvelly's hair!! you can see it from down the hall. love ya!