Come on in...

Thursday, July 5, 2012

A trip down South

We're home from a whirlwind six days gone....

On Thursday after our doctor's appointment we hit the road running down to North Carolina (and then came to a screeching hault because traffic was backed up so bad it took me four hours to get to Richmond which is only a two hour drive. On the upside, I got in a lot of good prayer time! :~) )

When we finally made it to my moms we were there for exactly 12 hours before we got back in the car and kept heading south to GA/SC to visit with Joel, Abby and Victoria. It felt so good to have my mom riding with us! We needed the extra company and she is just about the greatest extra company I could think to have with us.

We were in GA/SC for exactly 48 hours and then drove back up to my moms Sunday afternoon. We stayed with her 35.5 hours and then drove back to DC on Tuesday morning the 3rd of July. We were home for 24 hours before Jordan and Becca came down from Delaware to see us for the 4th of July!

It's been one heck of a week!

While we were in Georgia the temperatures hovered near 108 degrees. (I forgot it got that hot during the summers down here! Minus the humidity I think we'll be set to take on Africa's heat after this!)
So we set up a sprinkler and let the girls run through it in their clothes. For some reason getting wet is always more fun in your clothes. True statement.
And it made for some cutie little wrinkly hands.
And in the rest of our short but full time in town we hit up the dollar store (I really love the dollar store, may I just say), the girls played their hearts out on the Wii, built with legos, made a fort from Victoria's bunk beds, we had a pizza movie night, had dinner at Teresa's our favorite Mexican restaurant, I saw Charity and Sam briefly, my mom brought her sewing machine and she taught me to sew some girls shorts, Marvelly got her finger seriously stuck in a plastic lid, I got new tires put on the van (thank you Uncle Ray), and drove to Waynesboro to go to Uncle Cesar and Aunt Sherry's church. We sure know how to make good use out of 48 hours.

All us girls at Aunt Sherry's for a quickie bite to eat before we head back out again.
Mom and Victoria. 
Joel, Sydaleigh, Marvelly, Abby, Victoria and me. Gonna miss these guys somethin' fierce but so glad we got to spend time with them before we leave. Love them.

On Monday back in North Carolina we took to Mimi and Grandpa Dave's garden to pick some veggies. There sure do know how to grow zucchini! Holy cow!
Syd played frisbee in the back, we went to Paul's famous hot dog place for lunch, watched Veggie Tales with Grandpa Dave, and then when my mom got off work...
 we headed to Wrightsville Beach by Wilmington.
We scored a spot under the pier to dig, Marvelly's favorite past time.

Sydaleigh and Grandpa Dave took to the water, Sydaleigh's favorite past time.
I built a small mermaid in the sand (kind of a tradition) and the girls decorated her with sea shells.
And then we headed to the Oceanic, my mom and David's favorite beachside restaurant for dinner.

We capped the night (me and my mom) watching Mamma Mia and eating Twizzlers and staying up late talking. Love those special moments with her. Great great time! Every minute!

And then it was back home to DC to see Jordan and Becca! Whew!

2 comments:

Holly said...

MORE BEACH TIME
PRAYER TIME
FAMILY TIME!!!!!!!!!!
woo hoo!!!!!!

Georgia said...

nice pics! had such a great time. see you in 3 weeks!!!!! more sewing time! love ya