Come on in...

Monday, July 30, 2012

The Music Man-a girl's night/going away.

I had the most fantastic girls night a couple weekends ago! Well, a girl's night/Amanda's going away shindig. Me, Holly and Liza played it hush hush and didn't fill Amanda in on any of the details about the evening. All we told her was that the attire was fancy, and we let her guess the rest!

The evening started with me metro-ing to a fancy French restaurant in downtown DC. (everyone else drove, they live further out) First time I have metroed solo! And I am proud to announce I did not get on the wrong train or get lost inside the stations at all! I did however get lost on the way to the restaurant....I walked seven blocks in the wrong direction but that is to be expected for someone as directionally challenged as me. I did get myself there though...so it was a success!

This restaurant was so chic with lush red curtains around the booths for privacy, crystal chandeliers, French speaking waiters....it was dreamy.
And seen as how I've been practicing on perfecting my French lately, I thought I'd try out my new skills on our waiter...so after I ordered my food he said "merci mademoiselle," to which I replied, "gracias."

DOH!!!!

"Merci" is the most basic, well known french word in their language maybe...and I couldn't even get that right!! I was so embarrassed I just stared at the table till he went away! Bah ha! Freaking "gracias"...I am doomed!!
The whole night was filled with hilariousness though. That's why I love these ladies...we have a lot of fun together.
The food was superb except for the part where Holly pulled a two inch stiff ole piece of hair out of her quail and Amanda found a fly in her wine. But they brought us a bowl of ice cream as a peace offering...so it was all good!
After dinner we hustled over the the Arena Stage to watch ourselves The Music Man! And when I say hustle, I mean we were hustling, while the rest of the world seemed to be running in slow motion. That always seems to be the case when you're in a hurry though. So as we found ourselves in a hustle state of mind while everything else was moving at a snails pace, I recommended we just quickly run the stop light we had been sitting at for a good FIVE minutes, with NO other cars around at the intersection, at all! It would have been totally fine it is wasn't against the law. I mean, no body was around and we were in a hurry, and it made no sense that this light would be taking so stinkin' long to turn green...."lets just go, nobodies watching." I said. To which Liza and Holly were like, "except for that entire parking lot full of COP CARS!"




"Oh. Well, except for them, nobody else is watching!" Ha ha! Liza wouldn't give into my argument to just go, probably not wanting to get a ticket or something. So we waited. And while in the car Holly realized she had a big ole bloody gash on her leg! How do you not notice when you do that?! I mean really?! The blood was darn near dry! ha ha! So nasty. But I had to post it because we laughed so darn hard! We laugh at everything.


Finally, we made it to the theater with minutes to spare. The Arena Stage in D.C. is this awesome little theater with a stage set in the middle of the floor and the seats set up in a square surrounding it. Not a single bad seat in the house!
We watched The Music Man. Oh boy do I love love love me a musical! Really, anything that has singing and dancing is a winner in my book. And this play did not disappoint.
The play was fantastic with an incredible crew of actors.
We had such a blast. So much laughing and general hilariousness. We never take ourselves too seriously. :)
These ladies have made my life so much richer during my time in DC. So honored to have had the opportunity of meeting and becoming good friends with Amanda. What a special lady she is. Praying for all the ways that God is going to use her and her photography and passion to live for Him while in St. Louis. We've had a whole lot of fun times these past five months and I can only hope that one day our paths will cross again thanks to this crazy military life!



1 comment:

Becky said...

Looks like so much fun! Everyone looked AMAZING!!!