Come on in...

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Traveling bookstore

Isaak came home from work two days ago and said, "I got a purchase confirmation from Amazon...you bought a lot of books."

I looked at him for a minute. It was one of those weird husband responses that's somewhere in between a question, a statement, and a reprimand.

I wasn't sure what else to say so I retorted with one of those weird wife responses that's somewhere in between a statement, a question, and a I hope it's okay please don't be mad responses..."yeah," I said. 

He was cool with it. :~) He's a big reader too.

But without a library at our disposal for the next two years, or the ability to download books to our Kindle (because it's restricted)....I have no other choice than to purchase massive quantities of books before we leave. I have been looting thrift stores lately and scoring great finds on books. I am now one book away from the entire Harry Potter series which I paid maybe a whopping $8 for. Gosh I love me some $ .50 books. What I haven't been able to find in my thrifting I have had to purchase online. My first shipment arrived today. Nine down. Fourteen more to come. I will be able to add those to the four stacks of new books I have pushed up against the wall. All waiting to be read. *insert big smile* I have everything from Westerns, to Amish, to Sci-fi, to suspense, a little Mother Teresa, werewolves, Christmas...ya know...a little bit of everything. 
I can barely contain my excitement!! Restraining the urge to dig in to all these now!

4 comments:

Liza said...

Which Harry Potter are you missing? I may be able to help with that :)

P.S. - Amen to the "weird husband and wife statements" - true, true.

Holly said...

your pile overwhelmed me....:-)

Georgia said...

if i have anything i can part with,
:), i'll bring ti with me

Becky said...

Your picture just reminded me I want to read The Expats!