Come on in...

Monday, March 26, 2012

HUNGER GAMES PREMIER!!!!!

I have been waiting. And waiting. And waiting for this night! I have been waiting for it since I read the books a year and a half ago. I absolutely love this story. So so much. I love everything it stands for. Justice and love. Sacrifice and freedom. And healing. It is a horrible yet beautiful story of humanity. And......the movie was not a disappointment! I have never seen a better or more accurate book to movie adaptation. So well made. It was fantastic.

But the BEST part was seeing it with my ladies!!!!!! Jordan and Becca were in town that night, so Becca came along to the show. Liz drove up two hours from Yorktown to see it with us. Me and Holly. And new friends and fellow Hunger Games fans Val and Lindsay!

WHAAAAA!!!!! Just like "old" times. We went to the midnight showing. We totally camped out. Brought our folding chairs. Ate and talked and laughed in line. It.was.a.blast!

We Hunger Gamed ourselves up. Holly did an elaborate braided up do with arrow earrings and brought an orange back pack. I put in arrow bobby pins and brought my personalized H.G. tote bag.

While we waited we feasted on rolls and goat cheese and strawberries that I sneaked in my bag! Tee hee!
 Love that I have friends who will still get in touch with their inner sixteen year old selves. :~)
Of course I cried during the movie. But not at any of the parts I thought I would. It wasn't until they sneaked in a scene of the districts uprising that I began to sob. I love seeing people stand up for their right to be free. To have enough of oppression. Gets me every time...

We went down to the front of the theater to take pictures and busted out our best Katniss pose (or worst) in front of the entire audience. Oh yeah....we're cool like that, and totally un-phased by potential embarrassment.
We were beat tired by the time the movie was done at almost 3am. Got about 4 hours of sleep that night. But as much as I dragged on Friday I wasn't too tired to go see it with Isaak again that night! Saw it twice in 24 hours! Worth every minute of lost sleep. :~)
 Oh yeah!!! To an awesome night and fantastic friends!!


3 comments:

Holly said...

love it!
love that you saw it twice, I can NOT wait to see it again!!!

Bekah Boo said...

I can't wait to see ita gain too!
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
i love so much that you guys did this!
just smiling SO WIDE at these photos!!

Georgia said...

you have great friends! so good to see becca met some of them!!! love ya!!!