Come on in...

Monday, October 31, 2011

ohhh....more health joys

Such an interesting year for my health....

First I find out I have hyperthyroidism.
then I have Grave's Disease.
followed by tests out the wazoo, radiation, and now daily Synthroid.

I was experiencing moderate frequent chest pain over the summer.
Go see a cardiologist and discover....
I have a deformed sternum
which has caused mild mitral valve prolapse.

A deformed sternum?
Of all the doctor's I've seen over these past 29 years of life, not once has anyone told me I had a deformed sternum.
And all this time I thought it was perfectly normal to have a sunken in chest.
Guess not. Good to know.
Mitral valve prolapse? Eh. I was more in shock to hear I had a deformity.
No treatment. Not severe enough to do anything about.
Just gotta deal with the chest pain. 
Okay.

Now I'm losing my hair.
Mmm  hmmm.
At first I thought I was. And then I thought I was over reacting. But now I definitely am.
Learning to trust my gut instinct more when it comes to my health.
No clue why.
Can't get in to my doctor for another week. And then I have to wait to get a referral to see a dermatologist. And then wait for an apt. to see said dermatologist.
Geesh. Really hoping I'm not bald by then.
In the meantime hoping to get into my endocrinologist to have blood work done for the above mentioned thyroid disease which may possibly be causing this.
Hair loss huh?
Okay. Sure. Why not.

I already have thyroid disease. An auto immune disease. A deformity. A defective heart valve. And now hair loss to top it off.


Anything else while we're at it?!!!?!

Come on! I can take it! I might do it crying....but just hit me with it. Better to get it all over with now, there's still two months left in this crazy year.

Nothing would surprise me at this point....nothing......

I think I've gone and had the surprise slapped right outta me by now.

Geesh. 

Okay. Pity rant done. Had to get this off my chest. Or my head. Ha ha! A little hair loss humor. Off to do something constructive like not freak out about the fact that I may have to resort to wearing a wig or cut my hair like a boy.

6 comments:

Kelly said...

hair loss is a side effect of synthroid. wonder if they could tweak your dosage?

D'Ache' said...

Mitral valve prolapse....not that big of a deal. Many people have an issue with that valve and never know it. Hair loss is a big side effect deffinately. It will be okay, I promise!

Bekah Boo said...

i love your humour in the midst of this.
i will always spell humour the british way.
but i know, also, that deep down, your heart has fear. its ok to admit that. i love you. praying over your head, and your hair. your beautiful rapunzal hair...
ps: if you go bald, i'll shave mine too! it'll be fun :)

Holly said...

dang it bekah.....did you really have to bump it up to that level!? geez...
ok, fine. if you go bald, I will too.

BUT, in the meantime, until the figure it all out for you do some research on Nioxon Haircare stuff

http://nioxin.com/en-US/home-page.aspx?gclid=COLJpeaylawCFaZeTAodUk3IHw

it is salon quality so think prices of Pureology but it is amazing - I've used it before and it was crazy!

Liz W. said...

geez, woman, nothing like staying on your toes.

bald, seriously people, how about a super cute pixie cut?? If it's side effects from the meds, I hope that they can do something about that. Maybe they can put you on something that makes your boobs grow!!

But in all seriousness: Praying for you. Love you

JoAnn said...

my hair fell out like crazy too, yes it is VERY common thyroid problem, good luck, and I know how ya feel. (heath has been a crazy thing for me too)