Come on in...

Friday, October 14, 2011

Happy 11 year Anniversary!

Yesterday me and Isaak crossed the 11 year marriage threshold...and to celebrate we planned a very romantic night, just the two of us...

PLAYING LASER TAG!!

Oh yeah! It was a blast!

We actually did start out with plans to go eat dinner at Boiler Room. But in the end, we decided to do a more laid back approach. No suit, no heels, no fancy updo, or quietly talking back and forth across a neatly pressed table.

We hit up Jason's Deli for dinner instead. And.it.was.GREAT.  So easy. Good food. Super quick. Giving us plenty of time for some laser tag!

We played for an hour. AN Hour!

There was two other groups there, one with a mom and a couple kids, the other, three young kids who devote way too much time to video games. Let's just say... one of them actually admitted to us that they're so good because they recreated the blueprints to Zzzap for Halo so they can master the course.

Riiiight. Okay then......

The first two games me and Isaak were on separate teams....and lets just say, I whooped him. Oh yes I did. I whooped him good.

The third game we teamed up (albeit reluctantly on Isaak's part) to bring the smack down on that second set of kids. It was us two, verse their three. And....that time we got whooped. Bad. It was then that they bragged to us how they recreated the course online....they were super proud of that. And where are your parents??? They left at that point.

Fourth game it was ON!


Just me and Isaak left. No one but the two of us. Who would come out the winner? This laser tag course is two floors high with ramps and walls and all kinds of things to duck around and hide behind. If only I hadn't of worn flip flops....

I'm going to blame my flip flops on my down fall. Literally...down fall. I biffed it right in front of Isaak as I was trying to get away...and do you think that he stopped to help me up after I had slipped and fallen right in front of him? Do you think that on our 11th wedding anniversary he would take pity on me??

HECK.NO!

That man shot me while I was DOWN! While.I.was.down!

And then asked me, after he shot me, while he was running back to hide behind a wall...if I was okay. 

I see how it is! Oh it's on now!

Those next ten minutes were pretty intense....but I'm proud to say that when we got our scores...I hit him more. Granted, he technically "won", because he had more points....but I hit him more, OH yes I did....and in my mind, that constitutes winning. So I am the winner.


Such a fun fun night! We had a blast. Lots of laughing and running and chasing and ducking till we were sore. Got asked if we were newlyweds by the mom there with her kids, which made us giggle. Glad we still know how to have fun with each other. Happy 11 years married to us!

(and next time, I won't be wearing flip flops, and I will be even more lethal out there. Until next time....) :~)

3 comments:

Becky said...

Happy Anniversary!!! Sounds like my kind of anniversary!!! Ohh I loved the comment about newlyweds!!!

Georgia said...

how many times do i have to take your shoes away??? it's not summer anymore! love ya!

Bekah Boo said...

GLORY TO GOD! He is faithful and the tie that binds.
LOVE this. love that you guys still have fun together. love you guys. praying heaps and heaps of blessings and lots more 11 more years to come!!!