Come on in...

Friday, June 17, 2011

Impromptu long jump competition.

Last night we had a friendly little long jump competition down at the playground.

It all started after Marelly innocently asked me to jump over something.

And then out of no where I kinda got this spontaneous urge to relive my sixth grade glory days, and well, a competition resulted. And not because I was trying to prove I still had mad skills. I just only walked by Isaak, raised my eyebrows and gave him a look which he interpreted as "beat that"...and since it goes against his DNA to resist a challenge, we got a game on.

This is what proper long jump jumping technique looks like right there.


We're a tad competitive. 

 The whole family got in on it.


Isaak, who is not a 7th place long jumping champion like I am....failed to commit to a jump and hurt his ankle. Awwww, poor Isaak.
But long jumping athletes do not sit around and coddle their pain, so I made him suck it up and jump one last time....longest jump wins it.

In the end Isaak only beat me by one shoe length. And I think for someone who is 6', and someone like me who is 5'1'', there would have been a greater margin of separation than one shoe length....but, all I can say, is that my long buried days of sixth grade long jumping came back in full force. I found my self conjuring up skills I haven't used in twenty years.

And I may have technically lost and we may have only been playing for bragging rights, (which is enough for this crowd by the way) but this was only a warm up....next time, I'm bringing the heat.

6 comments:

Georgia said...

the humor and the photos are great!!!!! hahahaha - 7th place long jumping champion - lol!!!!! love ay!

Holly said...

hee hee hee hee...

Becky said...

This is too cute!!! LOVE IT, I actually was laughing out loud reading it!!!

Meg said...

missing this family and that fun something fierce!

Bekah Boo said...

you'll are as competitive as me. i love it!! i saw some of these photos on Isaak's fb and was all... "what were they doing?!" now I know :)

D'Ache' said...

LOL!!!