Come on in...

Friday, June 4, 2010

sweet relief

Finally, finally finally.....after I don't even know how many weeks....I've lost track, I finally finished our profile letter, and actually got it stamped AND into the mail today!

That is huge!

I can procrastinate like no other....
generally, it takes me a good while to simply put a stamp on something once I finish it.
And then it takes me even longer to walk my lazy self all the way across the street to the mail box to send it off. So sad. :)

But today was a different story.

I somehow found the motivation to sit down at the computer yesterday and finish this letter that has been plaguing my thoughts for weeks on end. I thought writing this would be the easy part, but found that every time I sat down I just couldn't find the right words. I knew that there were right words somewhere, but I couldn't muster them out.

This letter is the first, and only deciding factor these pregnancy clients are given to make a choice. The ultimate choice. Who am I going to trust to raise my child? That choice leaves me humbled every time I think about it. Knowing that someday, someone will pick us. Someone will actually trust us to give us their child to raise as our own. My mind can't yet wrap itself around that concept.

So off goes our letter to our case worker-to review before it's sent to all their offices around Nebraska. Such sweet relief knowing that this part is done. We're in the home stretch...I think?!

3 comments:

Georgia said...

yeah,but you got it done - proud of you

D'Ache' said...

Yeah!!!!

Bekah said...

can't wrap my mind around it either.
wow.
and to think that God chooses us, wants us, loves us, adopts us in in that same way.
some sort of crazy love.

!!!!!
you got the letter off!!! glory!! glory!!!