Come on in...

Sunday, June 13, 2010

another seizure

Came home from church this morning (flew solo as Marvelly got a fever yesterday). And not ten minutes after I got home, I had Marvelly laying on my lap, cooling off with a damp cloth on her head, and she has another seizure, in my very arms again.

I know that febrile seizures aren't as serious as 'regular' seizure, if there's such a thing....but I will never ever get used to seeing my babe completely stiff and flayling about everywhere. Scares me silly. And I hate to see it.

Thankfully I wasn't alone this time when it happened, Isaak was with me. Soooo thankful for that. It was more intense this time, lasted a bit longer and her shaking was more violent. So we called for an ambulance, again. And of course the air force does everything big, so an ambulance, a fire truck, and four cop cars or so come blazing down the street. At least this time a young, nervous first time airman wasn't the first to respond...whatever cop got there first just burst in the door, "where's the emergency?!" came over and got right to business looking over Marvelly. Now that's how a momma likes to see things get done!

Febrile seizures, I'm told, as I was told last time this happened...are not uncommon in children with fevers. Well, I don't care how 'common' they are....they scare me. I will bring my child to the doctor every time. And did I mention they scare me. Isaak was great though, very calm. And Sydaleigh too, she just sat next to Marvi on the floor, praying Jesus would help her. The doctor told me when I got to the hospital, as I was asking questions, making sure she was sure this was consistent with a febrile seizure...she said, "yeah, we're sure, Marvelly was back to her normal toddler self by the time she got to the hospital...telling everyone to 'go away' and 'leave me alone', no worry about neurological damage." Love her. And her sassy toddler self. :)


Well....wasn't expecting this today. Hopefully the rest of the day will be uneventful...

(Marvelly is doing much better. Her fever finally came down around 5pm and she's in much better spirits. )

7 comments:

Racheal said...

So glad to hear Marvelly is feeling better. We will continue to pray for her.

Holly said...

stupid seizure

Kelly said...

I hate those! They scare the crud out of me! I am totally with you about calling the ambulance every time. If K has another one, I am calling. Apparently, if you have one febrile seizure, chances are you'll have one again. Here is to hoping and praying that one was your last!

Beccy said...

So glad her fever broke. Scary stuff! Love you,girl.

D'Ache' said...

Call the ambulance, call the cops, call everything when it comes to that.....you just never know.

Tera said...

You are in my thoughts are prayers! AND THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH BEING A SCARED MAMA, as long as it gets you results! I love how resilient children are. No wonder we love them so much! We are sure missing you! Have a great week!

Brooke said...

I was so worried and unable to get my computer to connect to get an update! Very happy she's okay and you are too. That's scary for a Mama! Miss you!