Come on in...

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Snow. In October.

This is what we woke up to this morning.

Snow.

And not just flurries.
This is snow, stuck to the ground.
Covering my flowers.
Covering the leaves that have not yet fallen off the trees.

Snow covering my Fall.

Excuse me while I take just a moment..."What the heck?!"

Naturally, Isaak and the girls could scarcely contain their enthusiasm, so right after we finished breakfast we took the next twenty minutes bundling up to play in it.


and play we did.

We threw snow balls, in early October.


We went for sled rides, in early October.


Isaak dusted over two inches worth of snow off the car, onto Sydaleigh, in early October.


We stomped and ran and played in the snow till our fingers were freezing and our noses were running, in early October.



We were the only people outside at 8:00 in the morning playing in our white Fall, on this early October day.




After thirty minutes we went back inside before I couldn't tell the difference anymore between rosy cheeks and frost bite. What a morning.

1 comment:

Holly said...

jake and the girls are outside.
I'm pouting inside (plus I'm exhausted after bundling them up - this is going to be one sucky winter. the end.
excuse me while I take a moment with you.)