Come on in...

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Screwed

I got my order for the most recent Portrait Project in the mail yesterday and wouldn't ya know the printing company messed up my order. They gave my a glossy finish when I asked for matte.
And the printer printed some sort of grid on the face and arms of one of the girls.
Crap.
When I call to complain I can only talk to someone living in a different country rather than someone who can actually help me. I'm told all I can do is return the order and ask for a reprint.
That would be fine and dandy except the ODM's graduation is next Saturday, twelve days from now. It's going to take a couple days at best for them to receive my order, then another day to reprint it, then another couple days to send it back out which leaves me pretty much screwed.
Not sure what to do at the moment.
But I needed to vent to prevent blowing a gasket.
Off to think of a solution....

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, that's crappy, I am so mad for you! Don't they know that sometimes people are on a deadline? And, I hate it when youhave to speak to a foreign person at these customer service places, I am already mad, I don't need to translate too!

Liz W. said...

can you send them to a local place like walgreens or target. so that it's faster?

Anonymous said...

that stinks! But don't let it get you down. You are doing this for a great cause, god will bless, even if it isn't exactly how you planned! I miss you!!!!!!!!
Becky

Anonymous said...

Rockbrook Camera on Center St. (across from Rockbrook shopping center) does a really good job with prints. It might be pricier than a drugstore, but they'll produce totally professional-looking prints. I always take my film (yes, still using film! I love it) there and haven't been disappointed yet. Also, Photo Graphics on Farnam in midtown is pretty good and the owner is super friendly, although their matte paper is kind of weirdly pebbly-looking. Hope you find a solution!