Come on in...

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

A new level of lazy

I was unloading the dishwasher this afternoon and came across a tupperware container on the top rack to put away.
However, I couldn't put it away, because it was still dirty.
(It sat in the fridge one too many weeks :) and had pieces of white/blackish mold stuck to it in various places.)
So, naturally I chucked it in the dishwasher.
But, sadly,the dishwasher that is suppose to wash my dishes for me, did not wash this dish.
Every piece of white/blackish mold was still stuck in the same various positions they were before my dishwasher (that blasts scalding hot water!) failed to wash it thoroughly.
I looked at the tupperware, not at all surprised to find mold still stuck to it,
contemplated cleaning it myself,
but decided to go with my better judgment and just leave it where it was in the dishwasher.
But as I went with my better judgment I started questioning myself,
thinking that if I just took 2 SECONDS, picked up a green scrubbie, and wiped it real fast, the mold would be gone, and it would be clean.
I actually started thinking that.
That type of thinking is outside my better judgment though.
So I pushed that crazy idea out of my mind because I don't even know where it came from....
I mean, a dishwasher's sole purpose is to clean dishes.
Not kind of clean them, and leave little pieces of mold still attached, but really clean them, as in no more moldly tupperware.
So, I put it back.
Did not pick up the green scrubbie.
And told myself that is going to be the last time I likely ever used that piece of tupperware as the dishwasher is never going to clean it,
and apparently, neither am I.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The very, very sad thing is that I have done this before!!! But, after it has gone through the dishwasher three or four times and it is not clean I just admit defeat and throw it away!