Come on in...

Friday, September 25, 2009

Finding balance...

...when I have no free time.
This has been a bit tricky.
Sydaleigh is in a transitional time right now where she no longer needs a nap everyday.
That in itself is not tricky.
It gets tricky when she uses her now quiet time to talk to me from the top of the stairs begging for me to come and play with her.
And then crying when I don't play long enough.
For two hours.
Tricky.
Also tricky now that my quiet times (when I get them) are devoted to photography.
I have very little time left over for things like, oh, my beloved Bible study time.
And things like laundry and other non-important house hold chores. :)
I've been watching these past few weeks as my quiet time as literally dwindled away, leaving no time left over for what I need to do to sustain me.
But, I talked it out.
Came up with a new plan.
And now we are back on track.
Oh yeah!
Sydaleigh has mandatory quiet time on her bed for 45 minutes with special toys, while I eat lunch and do my Bible Study.
Then I go get her and let her play quietly in the play room for 90 minutes where she gets a snack to help sustain her.
It's working fabulous.
And I'm back.
I love being back.

No comments: